Crux Systems is changing the logistics industry. Our mission is to connect all parties in the supply chain ecosystem, and help them move cargo more efficiently with real-time data, analytics, and tools. We’re building the applications to do that from the ground up, and we’d love to have you join our team.
If you’re interested in a position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your LinkedIn profile and your GitHub profile (if you’d like to showcase any projects or contributions) and we’ll get back to you soon.
We’re currently hiring for the following position:
Senior Software Engineer
With usage and infrastructure growing fast, we’re looking to expand our engineering team with self-starters interested in solving real-world problems and streamlining global trade. You’ll work closely with our CTO, CEO and other key executives.
What you’ll do:
- Build tools that connect the people and companies moving cargo around the world.
- Help build scalable programs that standardize information flow and increase operational capacity.
Lead the design and implementation of the core systems that track commerce around the world, both in the high speed event data ingestion, and the business applications that consolidate, process, and present the information to our customers. you will pioneer best engineering practices, and lead the evaluation and adoption of new tools and technologies. The focus of this position is on the back-end systems that support our cloud-based, multi-tenant, SaaS systems.
- Work with the Product Manager to refine the functional specifications for products and new features.
- Interact with the CTO to understand priorities and roadmap tasks.
- Design and document modules architecture, design patterns, module interfaces, and internal mechanisms to fulfill the product requirements.
- Propose technical roadmap items to improve the architecture of the product, productivity of the engineering team, or runtime performance.
- Detailed Design, Implement and Unit test in Java/J2E, Scala/Play environments.
- Provide feedback to engineering management on the effectiveness and improvement opportunities of software engineering practices.
- Mentor other technical members of the engineering team.
- Identify opportunities for productivity and quality improvements in the software engineering practices and designs
- 10+ years professional engineering experience.
- 7+ years of experience with Java and/or Scala programming, server side: J2E, Play, etc.
- Expertise in large RDBMS deployed in a Java or Ruby environment.
- Ability to provide technical leadership
- Excellent communication skills.
- Java/Ruby/Scala application containers and other application containers.
- Expertise in Object-Relational mapping design and implementation.
- REST APIs and JSON data structures (JSON Schema a plus).
- Asynchronous Messaging Systems: RabbitMQ or similar.
- Test Driven Development (Unit and Integration tests).
- Agile Development environments with Git, Jira/PivotalTracker, continuous deployment, etc.
- Enterprise software products, preferably cloud based (SaaS).
- Experience with Ruby/Puma.
- Familiarity with non-SQL databases and structured OO design (e.g. UML).
- Experience in the operations/logistics industry.
- Advanced Degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred.